CDC-WDM driver (4G modems)

From: Nick Hibma <nick_at_van-laarhoven.org>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 15:23:07 +0200
Folks, Hans-Petter,

Is anyone aware of an effort to create support for QMI based 4G modems? The following parts need to be implemented I think:

	- CDC-WDM support
	- Wrapper driver to access QMI devices as WDM?
	- libqmi port to FreeBSD

This would support any modem from Telit, Sierra Wireless, Option, etc. that works with the Qualcomm chipsets. If you look in the cdc-wdm qmi driver in Linux, it is a long list.

I could not find any mention of FreeBSD and QMI on the same page, so I assume no one is working on it.

Nick Hibma