Re: CDC-WDM driver (4G modems)

From: PseudoCylon <moonlightakkiy_at_yahoo.ca>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 11:01:15 -0600
> Message: 1
> Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 15:23:07 +0200
> From: Nick Hibma <nick_at_van-laarhoven.org>
> To: freebsd-current_at_FreeBSD.ORG
> Cc: Hans Petter Selasky <hps_at_selasky.org>
> Subject: CDC-WDM driver (4G modems)
>
> Folks, Hans-Petter,
>
> Is anyone aware of an effort to create support for QMI based 4G modems? The following parts need to be implemented I think:
>
>         - CDC-WDM support
>         - Wrapper driver to access QMI devices as WDM?
>         - libqmi port to FreeBSD
>
> This would support any modem from Telit, Sierra Wireless, Option, etc. that works with the Qualcomm chipsets. If you look in the cdc-wdm qmi driver in Linux, it is a long list.
>
> I could not find any mention of FreeBSD and QMI on the same page, so I assume no one is working on it.

Actually, I'm working on it. Base part has been done. Currently, just
adding more commands. But, I cannot release the code until 3 month
after the release of the product.

By the way, libqmi is just for QMI commands (controlling the modem).
Tx/Rx data packets go though PPP. That's because qualcomm refused to
release that part of information.