shells/bash port, add a knob which symlinks to /bin/bash ?

From: Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 14:12:45 -0700
Hi,

In the last 3 jobs that I have worked at, there have been
a mix of Linux machines and FreeBSD machines.
When using an NIS or LDAP environment where
there is a single login across multiple machines, it is useful to
have a single shell setting.

Since Linux and MacOS X have "/bin/bash" as the shell,
in order to get the FreeBSD boxes to play in this environment,
I have seen admins do the following on FreeBSD setups:
   ln -s /usr/local/bin/bash /bin/bash

or

   ln /usr/local/bin/bash /bin/bash

and then make sure that /etc/shells as:
/usr/local/bin/bash
/bin/bash

Can we add an optional knob (turned off by default) which creates this
symlink
and updates /etc/shells?

This would help with interoperability of FreeBSD hosts in environments mixed
with Linux and MacOS X.

--
Craig