Re: Huawei E3272 tester needed

From: Maciej Milewski <milu_at_dat.pl>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 22:43:34 +0200
On 16.09.2014 22:18, Milan Obuch wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Sep 2014 21:55:50 +0200
> Maciej Milewski <milu_at_dat.pl> wrote:
>
>> On 16.09.2014 16:52, Milan Obuch wrote:

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I did fresh svn update, rebuilt world+kernel, but it does not work
>>> for me...
> [ snip ]
>
>>> I tried attach/detach device beore and after loading u3g (just in
>>> case...) and if_cdce kernel modules, but I saw no changes.
>>>
>>> From 'usbconfig dump_device_desc':
>>>
>>> ugen1.3: <HUAWEI Mobile HUAWEI Technology> at usbus1, cfg=0 md=HOST
>>> spd=HIGH (480Mbps) pwr=ON (500mA)
>>>
>>>   bLength = 0x0012
>>>   bDescriptorType = 0x0001
>>>   bcdUSB = 0x0200
>>>   bDeviceClass = 0x0000
>>>   bDeviceSubClass = 0x0000
>>>   bDeviceProtocol = 0x0000
>>>   bMaxPacketSize0 = 0x0040
>>>   idVendor = 0x12d1
>>>   idProduct = 0x1f01
>>>   bcdDevice = 0x0102
>>>   iManufacturer = 0x0002  <HUAWEI Technology>
>>>   iProduct = 0x0001  <HUAWEI Mobile>
>>>   iSerialNumber = 0x0004  <FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF>
>>>   bNumConfigurations = 0x0001
>>>
>>> If anything else is important, let me know.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Milan
>> Try ejecting first this cd2 drive by cdcontrol eject or camcontrol
>> eject. I had such scenario with other usb device and that helped.
>>
> Nothing.
>
> # camcontrol eject cd2
> Unit stopped successfully, Media ejected
>
> That's all. No new device created, neither in /dev directory nor in
> ifconfig listing. Nothing in console log.
>
> From 'usbconfig dump_all_config_desc':
>
> ugen1.3: <HUAWEI Mobile HUAWEI Technology> at usbus1, cfg=0 md=HOST spd=HIGH (480Mbps) pwr=ON (500mA)
>
>  Configuration index 0
>
>     bLength = 0x0009
>     bDescriptorType = 0x0002
>     wTotalLength = 0x0020
>     bNumInterfaces = 0x0001
>     bConfigurationValue = 0x0001
>     iConfiguration = 0x0003  <Huawei Configuration>
>     bmAttributes = 0x0080
>     bMaxPower = 0x00fa
>
>     Interface 0
>       bLength = 0x0009
>       bDescriptorType = 0x0004
>       bInterfaceNumber = 0x0000
>       bAlternateSetting = 0x0000
>       bNumEndpoints = 0x0002
>       bInterfaceClass = 0x0008
>       bInterfaceSubClass = 0x0006
>       bInterfaceProtocol = 0x0050
>       iInterface = 0x0000  <no string>
>
>      Endpoint 0
>         bLength = 0x0007
>         bDescriptorType = 0x0005
>         bEndpointAddress = 0x0001  <OUT>
>         bmAttributes = 0x0002  <BULK>
>         wMaxPacketSize = 0x0200
>         bInterval = 0x0000
>         bRefresh = 0x0000
>         bSynchAddress = 0x0000
>
>      Endpoint 1
>         bLength = 0x0007
>         bDescriptorType = 0x0005
>         bEndpointAddress = 0x0081  <IN>
>         bmAttributes = 0x0002  <BULK>
> [...]
Your device has different idProduct than this added in patch. It might
be caused by different configuration of the device/different provider
who sells devices.
I know that some devices might show up as HiLink mode(cdce) or serial
mode(u3g). And this might be changed by flashing different firmware or
sometimes by using usb_modeswitch(under linux not sure if it works under
freebsd).
Example is here: https://forum.pfsense.org/index.php?topic=48780.20;wap2

--
Pozdrawiam,