Re: Fwd: usb printer vs cups

From: Andriy Gapon <avg_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 10:24:26 +0300
On 17/09/2014 10:04, Andriy Gapon wrote:
> On 17/09/2014 09:21, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
>> Instead make cups-base install the attached devd configuration file in
>> /usr/local/etc/devd/ which does the needed chown for printers only.
>
> The problem is that my printer does not work if I also do not change permissions
> on /dev/usbctl.  But I do not really want /dev/usbctl to be owned by cups as
> there can be other services / users that need access to usbctl.

Actually I take this back.
My /dev/usbctl was not world readable as it should be by default.  Not sure why
I changed its permissions from 0644 to 0660, probably a litle bit of paranoia.
Now that I changed the permissions to 0664 and installed your script printing
works without problems.

Thanks!

--
Andriy Gapon