Re: SOEKRIS kernel config

From: Scot Hetzel <swhetzel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2014 01:33:31 -0500
On Sat, Sep 27, 2014 at 9:47 PM, Tom Everett <tom_at_khubla.com> wrote:
> I see there is no SOEKRIS config on the tree, here
>
> https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/head/sys/i386/conf/
>
> I have attached one for addition to the tree.

Since you only appended a few configuration options to the end of the
GENERIC configuration, it would be better to use the include directive
in the SOEKRIS config file.  This allows changes to be made to the
GENERIC configuration, and the SOEKRIS kernel would automatically get
those changes.  Here's a shorter version of that configuration file:

#
# SOEKRIS -- Generic Kernel configuration file for FreeBSD/i386 on SOEKRIS
#
# $FREEBSD

include GENERIC

ident SOEKRIS

# To Make a SOEKRIS Kernel, the next options are needed
options  CPU_SOEKRIS
options  CPU_ELAN
#options  CPU_ELAN_PPS
#options  CPU_ELAN_XTAL=32768000
options  CPU_GEODE

# Include TMPFS
options  TMPFS

--
DISCLAIMER:

No electrons were maimed while sending this message. Only slightly bruised.