Re: Looping during boot-up process in FreeBSD-11 current

From: Garrett Cooper <yaneurabeya_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 10:25:55 -0700
> On Sep 30, 2014, at 10:17, "Mike." <the.lists_at_mgm51.com> wrote:
>
> On 9/30/2014 at 9:57 AM Garrett Cooper wrote:
>

> |Did you boot with boot -d, using a stripped down kernel,
> |and without SMP like I suggested in another post?
> (
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2014-September/auth
> or.html )
> and I did not see any other message from you.
>
> Can you resend it?

Look for the recent thread titled "what do you use for kernel debugging". It sounds like both you an Jose have run into similar problems recently with mobile hardware.

> (I just tried boot -d and found myself in strange territory, a
> debugger?)

Ah, crud. I meant boot -v (verbose boot) -- sorry bout that :).
Cheers!
-Garrett

PS I would help a bit if I still had netbook hardware and the time to help, but I don't have the former and seem to be short on the latter recently.