Re: Looping during boot-up process in FreeBSD-11 current

From: José Pérez Arauzo <fbl_at_aoek.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 19:31:03 +0200
Hi Garrett,

On Tue, 30 Sep 2014 09:57:19 -0700, Garrett Cooper wrote
> > On Sep 30, 2014, at 7:44, "Mike." <the.lists_at_mgm51.com> wrote:
> >
> > On 9/29/2014 at 11:04 PM José Pérez Arauzo wrote:
> >
> > |This encoded message has been converted to an attachment.
> > |
> > |Hi Mike,
> > |
> > |On Mon, 29 Sep 2014 16:03:44 -0400, Mike. wrote
> > [...]
> > |So that should put a time bracket on the issue,
> > |roughly the first half of 2014.
> > |
> > |can you boot 271146? Just buildkernel and installkernel. Thank
> > |you.
> > =============
> >
> > There doesn't seem to be much, if any, interest on the part of the
> > FreeBSD developers in fixing this recently-introduced issue with
> > booting up FreeBSD.
> >
> > Since I experience the problem only on the one notebook of mine, I'll
> > just re-purpose that notebook for OpenBSD and try to find another old
> > notebook that works with FreeBSD.  Seems like the path of least
> > resistance for me....
>
> Did you boot with boot -d, using a stripped down kernel, and without
> SMP like I suggested in another post?

This suggestion was address to me, not Mike. :)

I tried, as you suggested, I can reach vfs_mountroot if I don't
include AHCI, so it must be that.

Now I'm trying to take out SMP and add extra debugging things here and
there.

I'm not sure what I'm doing, but I do it anyway. In the worst case I'm
learning something.

Thank you for your suggestions!

BR,

--