Re: Nothing can boot anymore - video issues

From: Devin Teske <dteske_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2015 16:55:00 -0700
> On Apr 6, 2015, at 1:35 PM, Shawn Webb <shawn.webb_at_hardenedbsd.org> wrote:
>
> On Mon, 2015-04-06 at 13:59 -0400, Shawn Webb wrote:

>>> Try reverting the Forth changes.  That's all that comes to mind.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Rui Paulo
>>
>> I'm going through commit-by-commit from April 3rd to March 31st, which
>> will take a big chunk of time. It's really weird that no one else has
>> reported this since even my VirtualBox VMs have this same issue.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Shawn
>
> I've figured out the commit that caused the breakage. Looks like the
> boot Forth changes are pretty bad. The commit that caused the breakage,
> as far as I can tell is, r280974. Reverting that and the two commits
> above that revision regarding sys/boot/forth allowed me to boot again.
>
> Now the boot screen looks like this: http://imgur.com/I9SVHfT
>
> I can now boot, but as you see, the boot screen's messed up.

Why the screen looks that way (no brand and no logo):
You were caught in a small window of broken-ness.

Window was between:
https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=revision&revision=280933 <https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=revision&revision=280933>
and
https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=revision&revision=281002 <https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=revision&revision=281002>

A window of approximately 2 days.

As for why the screen got wonky … well… your comp and my
comp don’t agree on ANSI sequences. I’ve reverted the offending
changes so that we may once-again agree on ANSI codes. ;D
—
Cheers,
Devin