Re: Call For Testers: Synaptics touchpads

From: Sergey V. Dyatko <sergey.dyatko_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2015 09:10:52 +0300
On Wed, 08 Apr 2015 00:19:45 -0700
Rui Paulo <rpaulo_at_me.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The attached patch adds support for newer touchpad features and implements
> two finger scrolling.  This is such a common feature these days that I think
> we should enable it by default and disable edge scrolling.  I've implemented
> some detection code to keep edge scrolling enabled when the touchpad has a
> dedicated area for scrolling.
>
> Please test it and report back your experience.  To enable synaptics support,
> you need:
>
> hw.psm.synaptics_support=1
>
> in loader.conf.
>
> Thanks,

Patch applied successfully (head, r280980).

with and without   hw.psm.synaptics_support=1 I have

[tiger_at_laptop]:~>synclient
Couldn't find synaptics properties. No synaptics driver loaded?

and mouse cursor moved soooo slooowly, without  hw.psm.synaptics_support it
moved faster, vertical scrolling doesn't work in both cases

it is on lenovo ideapad z400 touch

--
wbr, tiger