Re: Call For Testers: Synaptics touchpads

From: Sergey V. Dyatko <sergey.dyatko_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2015 10:00:40 +0300
On Wed, 08 Apr 2015 23:27:28 -0700
Rui Paulo <rpaulo_at_me.com> wrote:

> On Thursday 09 April 2015 09:10:52 Sergey V. Dyatko wrote:
> > On Wed, 08 Apr 2015 00:19:45 -0700
> >
> > Rui Paulo <rpaulo_at_me.com> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > The attached patch adds support for newer touchpad features and implements
> > > two finger scrolling.  This is such a common feature these days that I
> > > think we should enable it by default and disable edge scrolling.  I've
> > > implemented some detection code to keep edge scrolling enabled when the
> > > touchpad has a dedicated area for scrolling.
> > >
> > > Please test it and report back your experience.  To enable synaptics
> > > support, you need:
> > >
> > > hw.psm.synaptics_support=1
> > >
> > > in loader.conf.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> >
> > Patch applied successfully (head, r280980).
> >
> > with and without   hw.psm.synaptics_support=1 I have
> >
> > [tiger_at_laptop]:~>synclient
> > Couldn't find synaptics properties. No synaptics driver loaded?
>
> This isn't the xorg driver, so you can't use it.
>

> > and mouse cursor moved soooo slooowly,
>
> Is this a new problem with this patch?  You can adjust the speed in xorg.
>
> > without  hw.psm.synaptics_support it
> > moved faster, vertical scrolling doesn't work in both cases
>
> Ok, I just wanted to make sure there are no regressions.  I don't have your
> model, so it's hard to help you.

Now I revert patch, results:

booting w/o hw.psm.synaptics_support=1
* vscroll doesn't work
* buttons works fine
* mouse cursor moved slow (~ like without synaptics_support + your patch)

booting with synaptics_support enabled:
* vscroll works fine
* buttons doesn't work
* mouse cursor moved ok (fast)
* synclient works fine two figers too, after `synclient
  VertTwoFingerScroll=1`

So, it general, there is no large regression if I can adjust the speed in xorg
(now?). Just in case, I have following on xorg.conf:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Mouse0"
        Driver  "synaptics"
        Option  "Protocol"              "psm"
        Option  "Device"                "/dev/psm0"
#       Option  "SHMConfig"             "on"
        Option  "LBCornerButton"        "1"
        Option  "RBCornerButton"        "2"
        Option  "MinSpeed"              "7"
        Option  "MaxSpeed"              "9"
        Option  "AccelFactor"           "0.0015"
        Option  "ZAxisMapping"          "4 5 6 7"
EndSection

 I would be grateful if you (or somebody else) told me how I can fix vscroll
with your patch
Thanks!

--
wbr, tiger