Re: r286743: Required tool strip not found in PATH. *** Error code 1

From: O. Hartmann <ohartman_at_zedat.fu-berlin.de>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2015 08:21:52 +0200
On Fri, 14 Aug 2015 01:45:30 +0000
Ed Maste <carpeddiem_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> On 13 August 2015 at 21:45, O. Hartmann <ohartman_at_zedat.fu-berlin.de> wrote:
> > On r286743, a make installworld dies with:

> > $progs /tmp/install.tnjP0sgn Required tool strip not found in PATH. ***
> > Error code 1
> >
> > Stop.
> > make[1]: stopped in /usr/src
> > *** Error code 1
> >
> > System has been recently build-world installed and cleaned up with "make
> > delete-old which strips away elf toolchain tools.
>
> Yes, sorry about that. They were incorrectly deleted by make
> delete-old, and antoine_at_ fixed my error in r286745. You should be able
> to individually build and install the missing tools to recover.

I have rebuilt buildworld from scratch (clean/empty /usr/obj). Installation of
world via "make installworld" still fails as reported - I thought an
world-installation is somehow self-contained so the /usr/bin/strip (or whetever
needed at that time for performing the task) is taken from the obj-tree, not
already-installed-tree. Am I wrong?

I managed to make installworld by manually jump into src/usr.bin and make
install from there first. Not the most elegant and efficient way, but I guess
better than floating dead in the water ...

Thanks,
Oliver