Re: Base Packaging in 11

From: Allan Jude <allanjude_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2015 20:30:21 -0500
On 2015-12-18 18:21, Roger Marquis wrote:
>> > The plan is for 11 to have a fully packaged base system.  There should
>> > be some information in developer summit reports on the wiki.  The code
>> > is in projects/release-pkg.

I have mostly complete code to make openssl in base 'private', it just
needs more testing. It has survived a make universe though.

I even have the patches to make pkg support it (since pkg needs openssl,
but cannot depend on openssl from ports) upstreamed already.

I'll try to get it caught up to -current and posted this weekend.

--
Allan Jude