Re: Shared object "libsodium.so.13" not found, required by "dnscrypt-proxy"

From: Jeffrey Bouquet <jbtakk_at_iherebuywisely.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2015 06:34:54 -0800 (PST)
On Wed, 25 Feb 2015 18:52:35 -0800, Garrett Cooper <yaneurabeya_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> > On Feb 25, 2015, at 18:08, Kevin Oberman <rkoberman_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Now you know why I’m so curious about all of this stuff.
> >>
> >> When I was working on ^/projects/building-blocks, I was able to move most of these pieces around by changing REQUIRE: to BEFORE:, but I noticed that it changes the rcorder a bit, so I haven’t been super gung ho in implementing my change.
> >>
> >> I think there are a couple bugs present on 9-STABLE/10-STABLE/11-CURRENT:
> >>
> >> - Things go awry if named is removed/not installed.
> >> - Things go awry if local_unbound is removed (which would have been the case if the rc.d script was removed from your system, which existed before my changes).
> >> - Other rc.d scripts not being present might break assumptions.
> >>
> >> I need to create dummy providers for certain logical stages (DNS is one of them) to solve part of this problem and provide third parties with a mechanism that can be depended on (I wish applications were written in a more robust manner to fail gracefully and retry instead of failing flat on their face, but as I’ve seen at several jobs, getting developers to fail, then retry is hard :(…).
> >>
> >> Another short-term hack:
> >>
> >> Install dummy/no-op providers so the ordering is preserved, then remove the hacks after all of the bugs have been shaken out.
> >>
> >> Thanks!
> >
> > Garret,
> >
> > Also undocumented (except in rcorder.c) is that the lack of a provider is not an error. This effectively makes a list of providers into an OR. So, for name service the normal list is "named local_unbound unbound" and any will work for ordering and having none is a no-op, so if you don't run any nameserver (or kerberos or whatever provider), it is not an issue. As long as rcorder finds a provider, it will be used to set the order, but the lack of any or all providers just means that the specified provider is ignored and if a REQUIRES or BEFORE lists no existing providers, the statement is simply ignored.
> >
> > The real problem is that there is no defined rule for behavior in the event of a circular dependency and any change to any decision point in the ordering process may change the way the ordering flips. That is why these things are such a royal pain to debug. A change in any rc.d script may cause the ordering of seemingly unrelated scripts to change, perhaps drastically, and the error messages, while not misleading, is only a starting point in tracking this down. This means there may be time bombs that break working ports without their being touched or even re-installed. And the triggering change my, itself be correct.
>
> Or etc/rc.d/named...
>
> PROVIDES: DNS

I don't know if this is adding not-relevancy to this thread or not... I've a long persistent "dbus-daemon*" "*uuid*"
(names approximate, not saved during boot) two "start ..." failures during rc...  despite reinstalling the ports
and dependencies, particularly the .so. files mentioned (not included here...

uuidd_enable="YES"   (e2fsprogs* )
dbus_enable="YES"  (*dbus*)

beginning v9 OR v10 ( not recollecting enough...) and persisting thenceforth.

Maybe those two could also be similarly fixed to this thread's one
Despite not being in use day-to-day... nor particularly relevant... installed only conventionally.