Re: Questions on adding backlight support for the i915 driver

From: Miguel Clara <miguelmclara_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2015 08:30:42 +0000
On Sat, Jan 31, 2015 at 8:19 AM, Elizabeth Myers <elizabeth_at_interlinked.me>
wrote:

> On 01/31/15 02:15, Miguel Clara wrote:
> > Working fine on a HP running current as I've noted in the other thread
> > as for the keys.
> > This one (and most HP Pavillion models) use the Fn+F(2/3) but the keys,
> > and my Acer (and I think not all are like this) use "Fn+<-/->"
>
> If your keys work (as in, they do things in FreeBSD), does sysctl and
> the keys work together just fine with no weird effects?
>
> The only weird problem I could possibly think of that could come up is
> that the keys do a simple add/subtract to the PCM values, and so the
> brightness ends up wrong. See if that happens.

Well, in the HP the keys don't do nothing it seems not even "xev" reports
anything when I use them, but they could be wrongly mapped maybe...

On the acer I do see keycodes from xev, but Im using lumina and If I try to
map them to anything it doesn't work... I'll see what happens after reboot
though.