Re: Questions on adding backlight support for the i915 driver

From: Elizabeth Myers <elizabeth_at_interlinked.me>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2015 02:19:03 -0600
On 01/31/15 02:15, Miguel Clara wrote:
> Working fine on a HP running current as I've noted in the other thread
> as for the keys.
> This one (and most HP Pavillion models) use the Fn+F(2/3) but the keys,
> and my Acer (and I think not all are like this) use "Fn+<-/->"

If your keys work (as in, they do things in FreeBSD), does sysctl and
the keys work together just fine with no weird effects?

The only weird problem I could possibly think of that could come up is
that the keys do a simple add/subtract to the PCM values, and so the
brightness ends up wrong. See if that happens.

--
Cheers,
Elizabeth Myers