Re: Kernel Application Binary Interface (kABI) support in FreeBSD

From: Julian Elischer <julian_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 23:03:19 +0800
On 7/22/15 2:56 PM, Venkat Duvvuru wrote:
> I have this setup where FreeBSD 9.0 OCE driver is loaded on FreeBSD
> 9.3. The OCE module loads just fine but when the interface is
> brought up, the system crashes. This happens everytime I bring the
> interface up.
> The backtraces are attached with this email.
> However, if I build the same driver on 9.3, everything works just fine.

then that is a bug.
Unfortunately I'm not your man for helping you find it at the moment.
Do you now how to run a kernel under GDB?
(either in a VM or with serial console (or firewire if you have it))
There is a handbook section on doing this.
You might look at trying to see what actually goes wrong with the help
of GDB.