Re: pmspcv panic on boot on this box

From: Larry Rosenman <ler_at_lerctr.org>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2015 01:33:32 -0500
On 2015-07-30 23:21, Glen Barber wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 31, 2015 at 04:18:15AM +0000, Glen Barber wrote:

>> > [...]
>> >
>> > There are 3 pictures from the CURRENT panic.
>> >
>> > it STILL fails. :(
>> >

>> Larry, I am sorry this is causing headaches for you, and I certainly
>> appreciate the prompt (and detailed) report, and assistance debugging
>> this.
>>
>> Would you be able to try one more test case?
>>
>> I'm interested in the behavior without the 'nodevice pmsdrv' addition
>> your kernel configuration (effectively, removing the device from the
>> GENERIC kernel), and *without* the patch provided from Benno?
>>

> To be more specific on what I'm interested in, 'nodevice pmsdrv' and
> 'device pmsdrv' should *both* be removed from the kernel configuration,
> and the pms(4) should only be available as a .ko module.
>
>> In particular, I'm interested in if ahd(4) attaches or if loader(8)
>> auto-loads pms(4) after the PCI IDs are detected.
>>
>> As this issue also affects the upcoming 10.2-RELEASE, your willingness
>> to help debug this is greatly appreciated, as you've tripped over
>> something that would have caused a great deal of pain after 10.2 was
>> release.
>>
>> I owe you several beers.
>>

> Glen
My kernel is based on GENERIC (I.E. include GENERIC).
With the nodedevice pmspcv, after boot, if I kldload pmspcv, NO PANIC.

Unfortunately, I've got a funeral to go to in Dallas (~150Mi away from
home) today, Friday, and will
not be back until late Saturday (US/CDT, GMT-5).

I can probably help someone with this on Sunday, but would appreciate a
real-tome conversation, as the box in question is at
a COLO facility, and does NOT have IPMI, so I need to be physically
there.

Where in the world are you located, Glen?

Phone: +1 214-642-9640                 E-Mail: ler_at_lerctr.org
US Mail: 7011 W Parmer Ln, Apt 1115, Austin, TX 78729-6961