Re: OpenSSH HPN

From: Dag-Erling Smørgrav <des_at_des.no>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 11:55:28 +0100
Willem Jan Withagen <wjw_at_digiware.nl> writes:
> I know I've installed the ports once to see if, and how I would be
> able to add more IP-address infor to some of the warnings and
> errors. And then to get thos errors recognised by tools like sshguard
> and fail2ban.

Do you mean logging IP addresses instead of hostnames?  Just turn off
UseDNS.  It is off by default since 6.8.

If you mean adding IP addresses or hostnames to messages that don't
already have them, try suggesting it on the openssh-portable mailing
list (openssh-unix-dev_at_mindrot.org).

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des_at_des.no