Re: OpenSSH HPN

From: Slawa Olhovchenkov <slw_at_zxy.spb.ru>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 21:44:48 +0300
On Wed, Nov 11, 2015 at 07:18:31PM +0100, Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote:

> Slawa Olhovchenkov <slw_at_zxy.spb.ru> writes:
> > Can you explain what is problem?
>
> Radical suggestion: read the first email in the thread.

I am read and don't understund (you talk about trouble of maintaining
the HPN patches).
I see patched version in ports. This version maintaining.
What is problem? Differnt openssh? Quality of patches?
Different branches?
ports branch is worse (by some reaason) base branch?

> > PS: As I today know, kerberos heimdal is practicaly dead as opensource
> > project. Have FreeBSD planed switch to MIT Kerberos?  I am know about
> > security/krb5.
>
> We switched from MIT to Heimdal at some point in the past for some
> reason I don't remember.  MIT and Heimdal are *not* interchangeable at

I think because MIT stop development in the past.

> the source or binary level, so switching back is not trivial.

I am know about this.