Re: OpenSSH HPN

From: Dewayne Geraghty <dewaynegeraghty_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2015 23:58:23 +1100
Slawa,
Heimdal is (and has been for some time) undergoing constant development.
For reasons unknown, they do not perform releases.  I am aware of updates
from heimdal that are being applied to the samba project (in fact some of
the samba developers are also feeding into heimdal).  The latest discussion
was that the heimdal project are going to release a 1.7 "sometime",
skipping 1.6 completely.

Des - good to make your intentions public.  I've enjoyed your youtube
presentations and recognise that your time will be better spent.  ( better
authentication perhaps ;) )

Bryan - is doing a good job of looking after the openssh port.  And if
folks really need those additional features, then that is the place to
enhance the "standard" offering; which can be upgraded in a pretty
straightforward manner.

Thought-provoking use of inetd perhaps its time to revisit as (an
additional) DOS measure(?)

Regards, Dewayne.
PS My apologies for the repetition Slawa, I meant to reply all earlier.
I'm recently becoming familiar with the gmail interface.