libXO-ification - tangent on JSON choices

From: Garance A Drosehn <gad_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2015 21:04:10 +0000 (UTC)
First let me say that I wish I had more time to contribute to the project,
but I seem to be caught in variety of long drawn-out hassles in real-life.
Otherwise I would already know the answer to this question:

Is there some specification for what JSON is created by the various FBSD
utilities?  I did not see any discussion of that in the earlier threads
on this.  I don't mean "what is syntatically correct JSON?", I mean some
kind of guidelines of what property-names would be used across commands,
and what values should be for those properties.

I came across the following project while watching a series of videos
on youtube.  I think I started out watching something about Clojure, or
ruby, or d-lang, and ended up at this:

   http://jsonapi.org/
   http://jsonapi.org/format/

And I must admit I haven't even taken the time to read the whole spec,
but what I did read seemed interesting.  It doesn't cover much, so I'd
expect a spec for freebsd command outputs would need to be more detailed.
Is there such a spec already written up, at least in a rough outline?

--
Garance Alistair Drosehn                =     drosih_at_rpi.edu
Senior Systems Programmer               or   gad_at_FreeBSD.org