Re: DDB patches

From: Dan Partelly <dan_partelly_at_rdsor.ro>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2015 15:54:05 +0200
Hi Pedro,

I think you confuse blackmailing with something much simpler and pragmatic.
One needs to asses how things work in your project for real before investing
too much time.

Adrian was contemplating the fact that none writes code,  so I had some code at the
hand with with I can see how things work around here. You want it, good.
You don't want it, its also good. You want to trash it… also good.
Its all the same to me. This process is aimed to  give me an idea , if your workflow
works for me.

> you discuss your idea and try to get some consensus in the lists/IRC/conferences.

I am not particularly interested in promoting ideas and gathering consensus. I am not a
politician. I happen to believe that translating some utilities from the  base to libraries
 is a very valuable  addition to the project. Id rather spend time with my familty and walk
around the city in nature with my GSD dog than embarking on some twisted political
campaign.

> We are particularly NOT interested in code where the original contributor will walk
> away as soon as he/she receives criticism or has plans that do not match ours.

Undeerstandable.

> Libxo already went through this process.
>

>> Libxo already went through this process.

It did, aint it ? And I seen what kind of “consensus” the xoification of base
caused. Apparently, adopted for no better reason than “someone wrote code” .

> If this is not your ideal workflow … fork your own BSD, a lot of intelligent
> people do just that.

Not the best thing one can do… but I guess to each his own.