Re: is building kernel in /sys/amd64/conf depreciated in 11 ?

From: John <freebsd-lists_at_potato.growveg.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2015 13:49:16 +0100
On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 11:55:04PM -0400, Benjamin Kaduk wrote:

>Why is your kernel build pulling in bsd.port.mk?  Please post src.conf and
>make.conf.

[make.conf]
MALLOC_PRODUCTION=yes
WITH_CCACHE_BUILD=yes
MAKE_JOBS_NUMBER=16

[src.conf]
PORTS_MODULES=x11/nvidia-driver

>This is not exactly an answer to your question, but buildkernel has been
>the preferred way to build a kernel for at least four major releases.  The
>manual-config method has limped along because enough of the old-guard of
>committers has it in finger memory, but manual-config has been excised
>from the handbook for quite some time.

It answers my question ;)
Though never a commiter, I have been using FreeBSD as a server OS
since 2.0.5 and as a desktop since 2.1.7 so your comment about
old-guard applies to me for sure ;)

I'll recompile the newer way in future. Thanks for the info.
--
John