Re: Intel Haswell support - Any updates?

From: Allan Jude <allanjude_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2015 12:54:58 -0400
On 2015-09-18 15:50, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just run -HEAD. Outside of occasional hiccups, a whole bunch of us use
> it for day to day work, and it works fine.
>
> New hardware support moves fast and furious; even when 11-STABLE rocks
> around we're going to be moving forward quickly on 12-CURRENT and
> you'll be stuck in the same place. :)
>

> -adrian

For those who are slightly more conservative, PCBSD offers monthly
-CURRENT snapshot images with binary upgrades. Highly recommended for
developer laptops.

You can also do horrible things to them like I do, and 'make
installworld' a newer head over top of it.

Also, having ZFS boot environments means, it is easy to take a step
backwards if there is a problem with something in a 'newer' -CURRENT.

--
Allan Jude