Re: iwm load panic

From: K. Macy <kmacy_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2016 14:40:38 -0700
On Thursday, August 4, 2016, Christian Schwarz <me_at_cschwarz.com> wrote:

> Any idea which revision/commit introduced this regression?
>
> (I want to test iwm + freebsd-base-graphics on my laptop tonight and
>  hence avoid crashers like this one in advance.)
>
> _at_mmacy: is the revision in the current drm-next-4.6 branch of
>         https://github.com/FreeBSDDesktop/freebsd-base-graphics.git

Yes. That is what I run on my Skylake based gen4 carbon x1. 8260 support
was just added, so I don't know if it's possible to use new hardware
without exposing one's self to this bug.

In fairness, 80-85% of the time it loads just fine, and this bug looks much
easier to fix than the various issues I am looking at right now. Once
loaded the driver has worked quite satisfactorily.

-M