Re: some [big] changes to ZPL (ZFS<->VFS )

From: Andriy Gapon <avg_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2016 09:36:35 +0300
On 03/08/2016 17:25, Andriy Gapon wrote:
> Another change that was not strictly required and which is probably too
> intrusive is killing the support for case insensitive operations.   My
> thinking was that FreeBSD VFS does not provide support for those anyway.
>  But I'll probably restore the code, at least in the bottom half of the
> ZPL, before committing the change.

It turned out that most of the removed code was dead anyway and it took
just a few lines of code to restore support for case-insensitive
filesystems.  Filesystems with mixed case sensitivity behave exactly the
same as case-sensitive filesystem as it has always been the case on FreeBSD.

Anyway the big change has just been committed:
https://svnweb.freebsd.org/changeset/base/303763
Please test away.

Another note is that the filesystem name cache is now disabled for case
insensitive filesystems and filesystems with normalization other than
none.  That may hurt the lookup performance, but should ensure
correctness of operations.

--
Andriy Gapon