A question about updating src & ports

From: blubee blubeeme <gurenchan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2016 18:11:38 +0800
Howdy

I went through the process of building world for the first time, that was
interesting but I got it. svn clean up prior object files, build world,
kernel, etc.

Okay that part is fine

I have a question about keeping ports up to date, in the past I did
portsnap fetch update to update the ports but since I totally deleted all
the ports and used svn checkout to get the latest ports.

Can I mix portsnap fetch update or should I just continue to use svn update
/usr/ports

Best,
Owen