Re: Streaming live tv over the udp protocol causes problems

From: Oleg Lelchuk <oleglelchuk_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2016 17:49:51 -0400
I am a bit confused about this server/client thing. My networked tv tuner
Hdhomerun has a wired connection to my router. It has a program called
hdhomerun_config_gui. I open the program, choose a tv channel that I want
to watch, then vlc opens, but the video that starts streaming is broken.
Vlc shows me the message that the stream comes from udp://127.0.0.1:5000 .
So, in this particular case, the tv tuner is the server and my computer is
the client? If my computer is the client, then this is the output I get
from "iperf -f m -i 1 -s -u":

Server listening on UDP port 5001
Receiving 1470 byte datagrams
UDP buffer size: 0.04 MByte (default)

As I said earlier, I had no problems streaming live tv on 10.3-STABLE.