Re: Date formatting with en_US locale

From: Eric van Gyzen <vangyzen_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2016 13:42:22 -0500
On 05/26/16 10:15 AM, Baptiste Daroussin wrote:
> On Thu, May 26, 2016 at 11:55:08AM -0300, Otacílio wrote:

>>> I can hack cldr2def.pl to readd the week of day as it was before for 11.0 still
>>> the best approach is to push the change upstream.
>>>
>>> I will have a look at the cldr2def.pl hack this week end.
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>> Bapt
>> LANG=pt_BR.UTF-8
>>
>> MM_CHARSET=UTF-8
>>
> By adding the hack I mean to do it for all locales not cherry picking

Thank you for fixing this!

Above, I mentioned two issues.  The other one is, the date format for
en_US pads the month with a zero, but the day with a space.  So, June 7 is:

        06/ 7/16

That looks weird.  It should pad both with zeros.  I'd be happy to fix
it, but I don't see how:  There isn't an "xformat" callback in the
cldr2def.pl script, and it's not clear how to add one.  If you can
explain, I'll do it.  If you can fix it, I'll be grateful.  ;)

Eric