Re: 11.0 -r301815 "kyua test -k /usr/tests/Kyuafile" on rpi2 [armv7-a/cortex-a7]: broken (24) and failing (59) lists

From: Mark Millard <markmi_at_dsl-only.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2016 03:26:23 -0700
On 2016-Jun-25, at 12:44 AM, Ngie Cooper <yaneurabeya at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 24, 2016 at 9:50 PM, Mark Millard <markmi at dsl-only.net> wrote:
>> On 2016-Jun-24, at 2:50 PM, Alan Somers <asomers_at_freebsd.org> wrote:
>>
>>> As of r302180., the usr.sbin/rpcbind, sys/acl, and sys/sys/bitstring
>>> tests should all be fixed.  I opened PR 210329 for the
>>> usr.bin/lastcomm test.  I haven't investigated the others.

>> This time the totals were 15 broken (down from 24) and 41 failed (down
>> from 59).
>>
>> My results this time were. . .
>
> Hi Mark,
>    Please file bugs for all of the individual component failures,
> e.g. lib/msun, and CC me on the bugs.
> Thanks,
> -Ngie

Done. I generally omitted the --verbose Metadata output. For a few there was a large block of Standard output or Standard error text that I omitted.

I was not sure of the intent but I put all the lib/msun "broken" items in one submittal, for example. Similarly for each of the other "broken" components.

Similarly for lib/msun "failed" items (a separate submittal). Similarly for each of the other "failed" components.

I noted explicitly in each submittal that I'd used -mcpu=cortex-a7 in my builds.

But in more detail:

A) buildworld and buildkernel had -march=armv7-a -mcpu=cortex-a7 both listed

B) ports builds (such as kyua itself) had -mcpu=cortex-a7 (but not -march=armv7-a)

This is because for ports I use options that do not complain for either clang 3.8.0 or for fairly modern gcc and gcc does complain about specifying both -mcpu=armv7-a and -mcpu=cortex-a7. Even the "armv7-a" notation is from gcc rejecting armv7a but both clang and gcc accepting armv7-a notation.

(As I remember gcc uses -march=armv7-a where it conflicts with -mcpu=cortex-a7 when both are listed but gcc does warn about conflict despite having a resolution rule.)

Other than the 11.0 -r302180 being more recent the "context details" in

https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2016-June/061831.html

still apply. I did not repeat that information in the submittals but at least the src.conf and the like are available for reference.

===
Mark Millard
markmi at dsl-only.net