Re: Intel i7-6700T aka Skylake Support

From: Pete Wright <pete_at_nomadlogic.org>
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2016 18:29:10 -0700
On 04/30/16 17:49, K. Macy wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 30, 2016 at 4:45 PM, Pete Wright <pete_at_nomadlogic.org> wrote:
>> I recently acquired a Lenovo M900 Tiny desktop system which comes with an
>> intel i7-6700T Skylate CPU and Intel HD 530 graphics processor.  I am
>> successfully running 11-CURRENT via EFI but have three devices which I am
>> unable to fully utilize on current as of r298768:
>>
>> 1) On board Wireless reported as 'Intel Wireless 8260'
>>
>> 2) Audio reported as 'Sunrise Point-H HD Audio'
>>
>> 3) Accelerated graphics.
>
> 1 & 2 I can't help you with, although 2 may become easier as a side
> effect of my current work.
>
> I've imported DRM and i915 from 4.6-rc5 and am extending the linuxkpi
> to support both with minimal changes with respect to upstream. This
> update will provide support up through the unreleased Kaby Lake
> processors.
>
> https://github.com/iotamudelta/freebsd-base-graphics/tree/drm-next-4.6
>
> Left to my own devices I anticipate having something out for test in
> no sooner than 2 weeks or so, as this is just a side project. I'd
> welcome assistance plugging the holes in linuxkpi and subsequent
> debugging.
>
> I can frequently be found on Efnet on #freebsd-xorg.

Thanks for getting back to me on this!  I'll try to sync up with you on
efnet in a bit.  I'm def game to help with debugging/testing - I'm
afraid my C programming foo is weak but hopefully I can be useful.

i also just setup this system to generate base packages via this wiki:
https://wiki.freebsd.org/PkgBase

i can make the resulting artifacts publicly available for wider testing
as well if there is interest.

cheers,
-pete

--