Re: Intel i7-6700T aka Skylake Support

From: Allan Jude <allanjude_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2016 22:02:05 -0400
On 2016-04-30 19:45, Pete Wright wrote:
> I recently acquired a Lenovo M900 Tiny desktop system which comes with
> an intel i7-6700T Skylate CPU and Intel HD 530 graphics processor.  I am
> successfully running 11-CURRENT via EFI but have three devices which I
> am unable to fully utilize on current as of r298768:
>
> 1) On board Wireless reported as 'Intel Wireless 8260'
>
> 2) Audio reported as 'Sunrise Point-H HD Audio'
>
> 3) Accelerated graphics.

I am not similarly afflicted, my laptop is Ivybridge so the i915 we have
works. However, I have heard of a reasonably large number of people
having success using xf86-video-scfb in combination with EFI to get
reasonable graphics performance, until the i915 updates catch up to
their hardware:

https://wiki.freebsd.org/Graphics/SCFB

--
Allan Jude