Re: Intel i7-6700T aka Skylake Support

From: Pete Wright <pete_at_nomadlogic.org>
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2016 19:47:55 -0700
On 04/30/16 19:02, Allan Jude wrote:
> On 2016-04-30 19:45, Pete Wright wrote:
>> I recently acquired a Lenovo M900 Tiny desktop system which comes with
>> an intel i7-6700T Skylate CPU and Intel HD 530 graphics processor.  I am
>> successfully running 11-CURRENT via EFI but have three devices which I
>> am unable to fully utilize on current as of r298768:
>>
>> 1) On board Wireless reported as 'Intel Wireless 8260'
>>
>> 2) Audio reported as 'Sunrise Point-H HD Audio'
>>
>> 3) Accelerated graphics.
>>

> I am not similarly afflicted, my laptop is Ivybridge so the i915 we have
> works. However, I have heard of a reasonably large number of people
> having success using xf86-video-scfb in combination with EFI to get
> reasonable graphics performance, until the i915 updates catch up to
> their hardware:
>
> https://wiki.freebsd.org/Graphics/SCFB

thanks for the heads up on this allen.  i just configured it now and it
seems a bit better so far!

one thing i noticed was that the xorg-drivers pkg seems to depend on the
xf86-video-intel driver on 11-CURRENT.  keeping that pkg installed, but
updating xorg.conf correctly does seem to prevent the intel driver from

cheers,
-pete

--
Pete Wright