Re: NO_INSTALLEXTRAKERNELS and PkgBase

From: Ben Woods <woodsb02_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 7 May 2016 09:59:06 +0200
On 7 May 2016 at 09:48, Ngie Cooper (yaneurabeya) <yaneurabeya_at_gmail.com>
wrote:

> glebius changed the defaults to fix POLA, but the naming per the behavior
> is confusing. Right now the behavior between ^/head and ^/stable/10
> before/now match -- I just had to wrap my mind around the default being the
> affirmative of a negative (i.e. only install one kernel, as opposed to
> install all extra kernels by default).
> -Ngie

Indeed, I am not sure I understand the POLA violation entirely (ignoring
the fact that this variable requires affirmation of a negative).

If you list 2 kernels in the KERNCONF variable, why is it astonishing that
2 kernels get installed? Even if the old behaviour was to only install 1
kernel, if you are listing 2 kernels in KERNCONF presumably that is because
you want to install 2 kernels?

Regardless, perhaps it is ok to leave behaviour on stable 9/10 unchanged,
but to make the behaviour on head to install multiple kernels by default?
That is the option that makes sense for PkgBase (build multiple kernel
packages if more than one are listed in KERNCONF).

Regards,
Ben