Re: LibreOffice and CUPS

From: Kevin Oberman <rkoberman_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 May 2016 15:45:03 -0700
On Sun, May 15, 2016 at 1:49 PM, Sergey Manucharian <sm_at_ara-ler.com> wrote:

> Excerpts from Kevin Oberman's message from Sun 15-May-16 13:23:
> > On Sun, May 15, 2016 at 11:42 AM, Sergey Manucharian <sm_at_ara-ler.com>
> wrote:
> > > I've checked other programs like GIMP and Firefox. In the Print dialog
> > > the show only "Print to file" and "Print to LPR", and they DO PRINT on
> > > the default printer when the second option is chosen. LibreOffice does
> > > not print on the "Generic printer" it shows.
> > >
> > > So that means that CUPS behaviour has changed, not LibreOffice's.
> > >
> > > I cannot build CUPS from ports, see the error log atatched.
> >
> > What is the output "make showconfig"  in print/cups? It is failing to
> > properly understand something related to lib-frprnfd and the config has a
> > lot to do with lib-depends.
>
> It's default minus docs:
>
> # make showconfig
> ===> The following configuration options are available for cups-2.1.3_2:
>      AVAHI=on: Zeroconf support via Avahi
>      DBUS=on: D-Bus IPC system support
>      DOCS=off: Build and/or install documentation
>      GNUTLS=on: SSL/TLS support via GnuTLS
>      IPPTOOL=off: Internet Printing Protocol testing tool
>      LIBPAPER=on: Paper size selection support via libpaper
>      NLS=on: Native Language Support
>      X11=off: Install desktop menu item
> ===> Use 'make config' to modify these settings
>
> > That said, this looks a lot like an issue with the .Mk files which are
> part
> > of ports, not the base system. Not sure that this is absolute, though,
> and
> > is clearly linked to the make program, itself, which may have changed. I
> > see the latest update was a couple of months ago.
> >
> > Do you know when your prior system was built? Was it earlier than
> r297040?
> > (The old kernel should be /boot/kernel.old/kernel.)
>
> Well, my previous system was r296485, however, since I don't use
> printers frequently, not sure for 100% it wasn't broken, but it was
> definitely working fine with r292595.
>
> Thanks,

sjg_at_ added in CC as most commits to bmake have been done by him.

Looks like the config is not an issue. I am really suspicious of make. If
you feel comfortable in doing so, you might try rolling back bmake (in
contrib and usr.bin) to 291978. That was the most recent change to bmake
before r292595. I'd also open a PR (https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/).
Please include the build log.
E-mail: rkoberman_at_gmail.com