Re: LibreOffice and CUPS

From: Sergey Manucharian <sm_at_ara-ler.com>
Date: Sun, 15 May 2016 20:11:38 -0600
Excerpts from Kevin Oberman's message from Sun 15-May-16 15:45:
> On Sun, May 15, 2016 at 1:49 PM, Sergey Manucharian <sm_at_ara-ler.com> wrote:
>
> > Excerpts from Kevin Oberman's message from Sun 15-May-16 13:23:

> > > What is the output "make showconfig"  in print/cups? It is failing to
> > > properly understand something related to lib-frprnfd and the config has a
> > > lot to do with lib-depends.
> >
> > It's default minus docs:
> >
> > # make showconfig
> > ===> The following configuration options are available for cups-2.1.3_2:
> >      AVAHI=on: Zeroconf support via Avahi
> >      DBUS=on: D-Bus IPC system support
> >      DOCS=off: Build and/or install documentation
> >      GNUTLS=on: SSL/TLS support via GnuTLS
> >      IPPTOOL=off: Internet Printing Protocol testing tool
> >      LIBPAPER=on: Paper size selection support via libpaper
> >      NLS=on: Native Language Support
> >      X11=off: Install desktop menu item
> > ===> Use 'make config' to modify these settings
> >
> > > That said, this looks a lot like an issue with the .Mk files which are
> > part
> > > of ports, not the base system. Not sure that this is absolute, though,
> > and
> > > is clearly linked to the make program, itself, which may have changed. I
> > > see the latest update was a couple of months ago.
> > >
> > > Do you know when your prior system was built? Was it earlier than
> > r297040?
> > > (The old kernel should be /boot/kernel.old/kernel.)
> >
> > Well, my previous system was r296485, however, since I don't use
> > printers frequently, not sure for 100% it wasn't broken, but it was
> > definitely working fine with r292595.
> >
> > Thanks,
>

> sjg_at_ added in CC as most commits to bmake have been done by him.
>
> Looks like the config is not an issue. I am really suspicious of make. If
> you feel comfortable in doing so, you might try rolling back bmake (in
> contrib and usr.bin) to 291978. That was the most recent change to bmake
> before r292595. I'd also open a PR (https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/).
> Please include the build log.

I've rolled back "bmake" to r292595 (the revison I had no issues with).
I've built it, the log is attached. Then I was able to build
"print/cups" with no problem at all. It didn't rectify the issue with
cups, but that's a different story.

S.