Re: [request for testing] isl, cyapa on chromebooks

From: Michael Gmelin <grembo_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2016 22:25:28 +0200
On Mon, 3 Oct 2016 19:41:17 +0300
Andriy Gapon <avg_at_FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> On 03/10/2016 19:07, Michael Gmelin wrote:
> > I upgraded the latter the r306641, applied your patches (cleanly)
> > and ran "make kernel" (GENERIC kernel), added the entries to
> > device.hints and rebooted. Unfortunately ig4 won't load:
> >
> > # kldload ig4
> > link_elf_obj: symbol iicbus_transfer_desc undefined
> > linker_load_file: Unsupported file type
>
> Hmm, seems like forgot to declare the iicbus module dependency.
> Could you please kldload iicbus and see if that helps?
> Meanwhile I'll add the dependency.

Unfortunately this doesn't help, you should be able to reproduce it
yourself without access to the actual hardware though.

I worked around this by adding the iicbus dependency to ig4_pci.c (and
also to "files").

Now loading ig4 works and both lynx point controllers are detected.
devices. Also, devinfo shows both controllers (ig4iic0, ig4iic1), but
no iicbus devices.

# devinfo | grep iic
ig4iic0
ig4iic1