Re: [request for testing] isl, cyapa on chromebooks

From: Matthias Apitz <guru_at_unixarea.de>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2016 20:27:10 +0200
El día Monday, October 10, 2016 a las 09:26:26AM -0600, Warner Losh escribió:

> I see no reason not to start the table right away based on
> smbios.sys.product and other criteria. I don't think we need all the
> matches that Linux uses, but we can expand the table if we find it so.
> Why have a stop gap that's a table that we kludge together when the
> real table is of comparable difficulty and wouldn't need to be
> reworked.

Please let us together concentrate on getting other i2c devices working,
like the Elan TouchPad, because I fear that newer Chromebooks are all
equipped with this and not with the Cyapa anymore.

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru_at_unixarea.de, ⌂ http://www.unixarea.de/  ☎ +49-176-38902045
Einheitsfeier? Nein, danke! Kann ich bitte mein Land wiederhaben und am 7. Oktober feiern.