Re: Just a pair of no-urgency questions...

From: Ronald Klop <ronald-lists_at_klop.ws>
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2016 21:00:50 +0200
On Wed, 07 Sep 2016 13:52:48 +0200, Jeffrey Bouquet
<jbtakk_at_iherebuywisely.com> wrote:

> I check freshports.org and freshsource.org daily,  so I can read new
> features, UPDATING etc
> without svn usage, and would have been maybe dealt problematic
> buildworlds etc without such.
> Additionally, I learn the bits and pieces of developer skills, very
> slowly.
> Not a developer here, ever, but for others and here convenience....
> 1...   could freshports.org and freshsource.org be officially part of
> FreeBSD so their continued
> existence is assured as the OS progresses?
> 2...  [the reason primary for this email]  It would be less distracting
> if while I browsed the
> pages, a bar [set by cookies, probably] in a unique color, would notify
> me if I had read the
> subsequent text, like a forum ' the posts by here are not net' line, and
> would save
> time daily.  Can that be easily backported to each of the two sites???
> I'd even value that
> to be an annual fee product I would pay for...
> Not a webcoder, obviously...  out of time.
>
> Thanks.

Hi, two tips.
1. Your subject does not reflect the content of your mail. It might not
attract the right people to read it.
2. See http://www.freshports.org/contact.php and contact the site owner or
use the Forums link there. In my experience Dan Langille is quite
responsive.

NB: I also like this changelog site:
http://www.secnetix.de/olli/FreeBSD/svnews/

Regards,