Re: gfx-next update: drm-4.8-rc2 tagged in drm-next

From: Bob Willcox <bob_at_immure.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2016 11:24:57 -0500
On Tue, Aug 16, 2016 at 12:12:44AM -0700, Matthew Macy wrote:
> As of this moment sys/dev/drm in the drm-next tree is sync with https://github.com/torvalds/linux drivers/gpu/drm (albeit only for the subset of drivers that FreeBSD supports -  i915, radeon, and amdgpu). I feel this is a bit of a milestone as it means that it is possible that in the future graphics support on FreeBSD could proceed in lockstep with Linux.
>
> In addition I have IFCed both drm-next-4.6 and drm-next to HEAD as of today.
>
> Once I'm done working on Kaby Lake support I intend to get radeon and amdgpu to the point where they work as well as i915. Following that we'll need to spend some time resolving general correctness issues.
>
> -M

I just picked up a Skylake i5 NUC (NUC6i5SYH) and was looking for help on what
I need to do to tryout the driver support for Skylake on it.

Currently I have FreeBSD-current (as of a couple of days ago) running on it.
I've read through most of the emails here discussing drm-next support but I'm
not at all clear on where to start? What do I need to do/get?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob

--
Bob Willcox    | In real love you want the other person's good.  In
bob_at_immure.com | romantic love you want the other person.