Re: Differences between freebsd-base-graphics and regular current source trees?

From: Thomas Mueller <mueller6722_at_twc.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2016 07:32:36 +0000
If I want to keep up with FreeBSD-current with new graphics drivers, is it sufficient to keep only the freebsd-base-graphics source tree to avoid the redundancy of keeping the regular src tree as well?

I notice some things are not updated as frequently in the freebsd-base-graphics tree; "git pull" showed Already up-to-date, and I noticed GENERIC file not up-to-date in
/freebsd-base-graphics/sys/i386/conf/GENERIC compared to /usr/src/sys/i386/conf/GENERIC.

I switched regular src tree from head to stable/11 but could checkout the head source tree, in which case I have to move/rename /usr/src to /usr/src11 or use /usr/src12 for the head source tree.

Tom