Re: Differences between freebsd-base-graphics and regular current source trees?

From: Christian Schwarz <me_at_cschwarz.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2016 11:26:52 +0200
On Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 07:32:36AM +0000, Thomas Mueller wrote:
> If I want to keep up with FreeBSD-current with new graphics drivers, is it sufficient to keep only the freebsd-base-graphics source tree to avoid the redundancy of keeping the regular src tree as well?

I use the drm-next-4.7 branch at

	https://github.com/FreeBSDDesktop/freebsd-base-graphics

>From what I understand, this is the repo where the current
effort in syncing with Linux i915 & Radeon drivers happens.

Upstream is merged from time to time, usual delay <= 2 week.
I am also interested in changes to the iwm driver and maintain
a branch with patches to this module that I rebase onto drm-next-4.7.

Hope this helps,

Christian