Re: panics in network stack in 12-current

From: Tom Uffner <tom_at_uffner.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2017 13:02:57 -0400
Andrey V. Elsukov wrote:
> On 27.04.2017 08:42, Tom Uffner wrote:
>> r315956 panicked about 22 min after boot. failed to dump a core.
>
> Why not update to the latest revision?

I did several times a while ago, but didn't get a panic free system. I was
hoping to bisect the point the point where the problem actually occurred
and maybe send a patch instead of just begging for help. trouble was, I got
down to a small number of revisions and none of them had any changes that
looked even remotely related to my problem. I'll give today's HEAD a try.

> Probably this is flowtable related, don't think it is usable.
> Anyway we need the trace to determine the cause. Also it seems you have
> VIMAGE enabled. This also have some known panics.

OK, I will also try disabling flowtable. Not sure about VIMAGE. I don't
have it specifically enabled, but I don't have it specifically disabled
either if it defaults to on. I don't know much about it.

I have also tried using the GENERIC kernel instead of my custom one, but
it was even less stable on my hardware and bricked the system instead of
panicking and producing a core dump.