Re: panics in network stack in 12-current

From: Hamza Sheikh <fehrist_at_codeghar.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2017 22:43:10 -0700
On Thu, Apr 27, 2017 at 10:02 AM, Tom Uffner <tom_at_uffner.com> wrote:
> Andrey V. Elsukov wrote:
>>
>> On 27.04.2017 08:42, Tom Uffner wrote:
>>>
>>> r315956 panicked about 22 min after boot. failed to dump a core.
>>

>> Why not update to the latest revision?
>

> I did several times a while ago, but didn't get a panic free system.

I may have encountered something similar on an EdgeRouter Lite running
r317256. It's serving as network gateway at home. After some time the
WAN connection goes dead. It starts working with either (a)
reconnecting the network cable or (b) pinging any IP on the internet
from that box. On rare occasions I had to reboot to get it to work.

I'm still new to FreeBSD and don't know how to collect relevant
information or whether to even determine if my issue is related to
Andrey's. Any help is really appreciated. My setup is documented in
detail in a blog post[0] if it helps.

[0] http://www.codeghar.com/blog/freebsd-network-gateway-on-edgerouter-lite.html

---
Hamza Sheikh