Re: panics in network stack in 12-current

From: Tom Uffner <tom_at_uffner.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2017 15:24:30 -0400
Hamza Sheikh wrote:
> I may have encountered something similar on an EdgeRouter Lite running
> r317256. It's serving as network gateway at home. After some time the
> WAN connection goes dead. It starts working with either (a)
> reconnecting the network cable or (b) pinging any IP on the internet
> from that box. On rare occasions I had to reboot to get it to work.

it doesn't sound much like my problem. i had no network issues until
the system would suddenly panic and reboot. removing FLOWTABLE from
my kernel might have fixed it, but it is too early to tell as I have
yet to discover a reproducible way to trigger the bug.

> I'm still new to FreeBSD and don't know how to collect relevant
> information or whether to even determine if my issue is related to
> Andrey's. Any help is really appreciated. My setup is documented in
> detail in a blog post[0] if it helps.

You probably don't want to hear this, but if you are new to FreeBSD,
maybe you shouldn't be running current. I probably shouldn't running
current and I have 35 years of BSD experience. I do it as a way of
contributing to the project by alpha-testing new code when I have time.

Brendan Gregg has some very good material on his site that might help you
learn to collect useful info about what is going on inside your systems.

http://www.brendangregg.com/Perf/freebsd_observability_tools.png
http://www.brendangregg.com/