Would O_APPEND for /dev/null be possible?

From: Steffen Nurpmeso <steffen_at_sdaoden.eu>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2017 23:36:56 +0200
I can open a file with "a+", which, for this software, means
"O_RDWR | O_APPEND | O_CREAT | n_O_NOFOLLOW" on Linux, Solaris and
OpenBSD, but FreeBSD complains, i think because O_APPEND.  (I
think only because the VM does not survive resumes and other
pauses here, which frustrated me over time.  It is old VM.)
I mean, it seems i have to sprinkle more /dev/null string
comparisons all over the place, but i wonder whether that really
belongs there.. for /dev/null?

Well, now that i am here.  I have installed pcc and tcc ports
because clang is much too slow, especially in VM, but they cannot
be used because of mysterious attributes in some system header.
I usually compile them on my own, but that did not help on FreeBSD
too, at least not last time i tried.  This is a bit of a pity,
i have not tried it myself but one of the core developers of the
tiny CC, who was part of ELF development, said, once that
happened, that he made it compile the Linux kernel (!) again and
"that seems to work", so it is a *real* pity that not even rather
primitive C89 user programs can be compiled (with those
compilers).  That on v11.1, and with pkg stuff.

Ciao!

--steffen