Re: GPTZFSBOOT in Current r326622 has problems

From: Warner Losh <imp_at_bsdimp.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2017 10:28:20 -0700
On Wed, Dec 6, 2017 at 9:48 AM, Thomas Laus <lausts_at_acm.org> wrote:

> Warner Losh [imp_at_bsdimp.com] wrote:
> >
> > Any chance you can bisect when this happened? I think I'll need more
> > details to see what happened. What was your old loader that world based
> on?
> >
> My last good gptzfsboot was r326070.  I had not built anything since
> then until this morning when I built world and kernel at r326622.
> I'll look at the svn history and see where I should start.

I've been *VERY* busy between then and now cleaning up the boot loader
"accumulated technical debt". Alas, sounds like I've broken something. So I
think it's a binary search: I'd start with 326370 as the pivot and 326500 /
326250 as the next steps if it succeeds / fails.

So you are seeing a BTX error? Before we even get to running /boot/loader,
correct? Any chance you can get me that error?

> > I also see the problem with the loader logs dumping core that others
> > > have reported recently.
> > >

> > I've not seen these reports, nor do I see if on my loader testing. More
> > details please? Last I had heard, everything was working...
> >
> That was a typo.  I had loader on my mind and the core dumps are
> dealing with logger.  I have seen recent messages to this group about
> logger dumping core and someone is bisecting the issue.  I was just
> reporting that it was still occurring at r326622.

Good! One less problem for me to track...

Warner