Re: ASLR

From: Conrad Meyer <cem_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2017 10:26:46 -0800
On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 9:53 AM, Johannes Lundberg <johalun0_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> What is the status of ASLR?
>
> https://reviews.freebsd.org/D5603
>
> The thread has been silent for a couple of months. I'm happy to test if
> needed.

Hi Johannes,

I think we were waiting on some review, but if that has stalled out,
let's go ahead and commit it.  Default off is fine for now.  It can be
improved as needed and then we at least have an ASLR story for the
checkbox users.

> I'm also interested in KASLR. Is that also on the roadmap? If someone
> involved could share some info I'd be grateful.

KASLR is less useful (grsecurity folks might say useless) — see
https://forums.grsecurity.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3367 for some
discussion on it.

Best,
Conrad