Re: Where should I put devd related scripts?

From: Tomoaki AOKI <junchoon_at_dec.sakura.ne.jp>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2017 18:58:22 +0900
Hi.

Usually, you should put configuration files (looked in by devd)
on /usr/local/etc/devd, and actual executables (specified by the
configuration files) on /usr/local/sbin/.

sysutils/automount would be a good example.
See its port Makefile. Don't forget that actual installation directory
is under LOCALBASE, usually /usr/local.
If you want to know further, fetch its distfile and see its contents.
Essentially, no need to install it, as it's NO_BUILD.

If you describe configuration file with full path, the actual binary
itself can be put anywhere you want (except noexec directory).
For example, /compat/linux/usr/sbin.

If you need to replace system-default behaviour, you would need to edit
system-wide configuration file on /etc/devd to point actual binary you
need for the very entry.
This case, usually the binary itself should better been installed
on /usr/local/sbin.